yum exclude?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed Jul 28 17:25:05 UTC 2004

After upgrading FC1 to FC2 I copied the /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew over yum.conf
then did yum update. Here is the tail of the voluminous output:

xorg-x11-ISO8859-2-100dpi 100% |=========================|  74 kB    00:01
perl-TimeDate-1-1.16-1.no 100% |=========================| 2.9 kB    00:00
kde-i18n-Korean-1-3.2.2-2 100% |=========================|  11 kB    00:00
libgnomeprint15-1-0.37-9. 100% |=========================| 3.9 kB    00:00
ucarp-0-1.0-1.1.fc2.fr.i3 100% |=========================| 2.5 kB    00:00
Resolving dependencies
.....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package libselinux-devel needs libselinux = 1.11.4, this is not available.
Package gstreamer-plugins-extras needs gstreamer-plugins = 0.6.4, this is not
available.
Package gstreamer-plugins-mp3 needs gstreamer-plugins = 0.6.4, this is not
available.
[root at athlon etc]#

I can't think of any reason I'd want libselinux or gstreamer and would happily
do without them until I develop some need. But I don't know how to exclude
them from the update.

Ideas?

Dave

--
Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings