lm_sensors not working

Hesty P hestyp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 20:12:41 UTC 2004

>From your previous post, I see you added the
i2c_nforce2 module, which talks to the SMBus. I have a
GigaByte nforce2 mobo, and it uses the it8712 sensor
chip. When I do a 'lsmod | grep -i nforce', I get:

i2c_nforce2             4736  0
i2c_core               16660  5
it87,eeprom,i2c_sensor,i2c_isa,i2c_nforce2

When you ran sensors-detect, did you tell it you want
to use the ISA to the SMBus? If you said SMBus, you
might try it again and this time select ISA. I have
not had luck getting sensors working through the SMBus
on any mobo I have tried.

Thanks, it works now. Turns out I have to insert
module w83781d (ISA module?). The SMBus doesn't work
for me either.

Cheers,
Hesty