yum >always< hangs...

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 29 01:04:23 UTC 2004

thanks for the reply.

sudo yum -d 8 install qt-designer
[...snip...]
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
CacheDir: /var/cache/yum/livna-testing
Getting header.info from server
failover: baseURL = http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/2/i386/yum/
failover: path = headers/header.info

then it just sits there forever.  weird thing is, it seems to work fine (and
fast) if i'm a normal user and am just using "yum search".

thanks again.

p.s. same thing if i use su - instead of sudo.