1st reboot after FC2 *full* install

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Thu Jul 29 08:38:32 UTC 2004

Jorge Cecílio said the following on 29/07/2004 10:26:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install a full(!) FC2 installation on a Celeron 2GHZ. I
> didn't really had problems doing that except that, on first reboot, the
> machine stops on "Enabling swap space" phase.
> I tried that on another machine (Celeron 2.6GHz(?)) and the same problem
> occurs.
> I installed FC1 on same machines before with no problems at all.
>

> Can anyone help why is this happening and how to avoid it?

See if this helps. At the grub boot screen, edit your current kernel
parms and add "3" to the end of the kernel line. This will force the
system to boot into run level 3 and as such avoid the graphic boot.

I have had a few problems like this in the past and the "enabling swap
space" text is the last I can see on the console while in the background
rhgb is trying to start the GUI.

--
Redmond, we have a problem.