Removing applications

Jorge Cecílio cecilio at equitubos.pt
Thu Jul 29 15:14:45 UTC 2004

Hi all:

After a full FC2 installation, I started to remove some programs: That included all games.
I couldn't do that because of the error: "Packages not found (...) Installation cannot continue until they are installed".
(I use Gnome Package management)

It asked for:
libatlantic.so.1
libatlantikui.so.1
libkdegames.so.1
kdegames (twice)
(required by kdeaddons)

Strange... should I have to install something in order to uninstall anything?
How do I install that files (libraries, right?)

Except for 'kdegames', all required files exists in /usr/lib. Should it exists on other folders (perhaps by means of a symbolic link)? Where?
(kdegames exists only as a folder)

By the way... If I want to install a package that is not listed in Package management, should I have to install it using rpm -i command?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
JC