point2play-1.3-2+cedega-4.0-1+FC2(2.6.6-1.435.2.3) help??

Darren Grant darren.grant at monstertech.ca
Thu Jul 29 16:39:01 UTC 2004

I successfully installed point2play using the point2play-1.3-2.tar.  I
had no trouble with the setup, or with grabbing the latest version of
cedega (cedega 4.0-1 the new winex) throught the p2p interface. I also
had no trouble installing the steam+cs engine using the
SteamInstall_CS.exe file. Running steam through cedega works great. All
the steam options / windows work perfectly.  However when I click on a
server to connect... everything seems to go well... I get the "preparing
to play Counter-strike" popup box... it lasts for about 3 seconds, and
then dissapears... I'm expecting to see counter-strike start... but
nothing happens... nothing at all.  The same is true for TFC or any mod.
As well I wasn't able to install Dungeon Siege. I tried installing
Half-life from CDROM (just for fun)... it goes through the sound test,
the file install, but then when you go to skip the registration process
(register later button), it hangs on the HL install splash screen... if
my memory serves me right, I should be taken to the video configuration
of the setup.  This is starting to make me think it may have something
to do with my video... but I'm not sure??

So in short, I can't get any games to run using point2play and cedega.
Has anyone successfully gotten games to run via p2p+cedega on the 2.6
kernel of FC2?

I'm also using an ati radeon mobility m9 graphics card (which I have
setup correctly using ATI's latest proprietary driver glfx-4.3.0-3.9.0).

I'm using the 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 kernel.

I also have no problem running native-linux games such as UT2004 and UFO.

Any help would be appreciated...

-Darren