Summer Reading

Price Technology pricetech at charter.net
Thu Jul 29 17:49:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:36:14 +0000, Nate <n.appel at att.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>   I contacted the list yesterday regarding a problem getting my DSL
> connection working. I am pleased to report that it is now working with
> all the help. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good linux
> book. I have linux for non-geeks, but it is lacking in detail. I guess I
> should face the fact that I am a geek and find something a little bit
> more meaty. Has Oprah suggested anything?
>
> Thanks Again,
> Nate

I've got several, mostly from book clubs.  I like the "Complete Reference"
books as well as the "Platinum Edition" series with all different computer
related subjects.

One book that I consider indispensible, though not a "reading" book per
se, is "Linus Command Instant Reference".  It's written by Bryan
Pfaffenberger, who knows how to explain things without "talking down".
It's published by Sybex.

I used this book just the other night to help me salvage my mail and a few
documents when my FC2 install crashed and burned.  (Haven't had time to
resurrect it yet so, yes I'm using winders to write this; so shoot me)

Anyway, hope the recommendations help.

Joebewan