system clock is too slow

Gang Qin gqin at fit.edu
Thu Jul 29 16:58:43 UTC 2004

James Wilkinson wrote:

>Gang Qin wrote:
>

>>It is a hp pavilion ze4400 (or compaq presario 2100)  with Mobile
>>Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz,  inner QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW-241,
>>inner ATA DISK drive 5400 40G
>>
>>After init 1, I found my system clock only passed 31 min for an hour.
>>

>I don't have a suitable laptop to test this, I'm afraid, but this smells
>to me like a problem with SpeedStep. Do you have it turned on?
>
>James.

I think I did not turn the speedstep on, the result of 'cat
/proc/cpuinfo' and 'cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling' give

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 2192.999
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
bogomips        : 4325.37

and

cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling
state count:             8
active state:            T0
states:
   *T0:                  00%