RES: RES: Samba

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Thu Jul 29 22:22:22 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 14:01, Marcelo Magno wrote:
> Hi Mike, it gives me pass for all the users and groups tells me all
> the groups that are in the domain...
>
> There is one think that I had noticed strange. I am seting the
> Valid Users property of the share as the domain group "Domain
> Users" (with space), when I Comit changes it writes down the
> textbox for this property the value "Domain, Users" (with a comma)
> like it was two groups (Domain + Users), but it's a composite name
> "Domain Users", is there any correct manner to put the space
> beetwen domain and users?
>
> In the meantime I try to put another group (one that has only one
> name) to test.

I haven't used the "valid users"  property so I can't say if it's
affecting your results or not.  It sounds like whatever you are using
to configure your setup is indeed splitting up the space separated
string into two names.  Did a single name work any better?

If you haven't seen them, section 32.3 lists a series of tests to
check out your system.

Regards,  Mike Klinke