OT: Anyone managed to install Gentoo Under VMware (in FC2)?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 30 00:59:21 UTC 2004

Guys,

	I know this is off-topic. But I would like to play around with Gentoo
under a sandbox environment.

I currently tried to install Gentoo (2004.1) under FC2 with VNware
4.5.2-8848.

I've looked a 2 websites that detailed how they did it but for some
reason, mine doesn't work. I've tried both SCSI and IDE virtual drives.

Once booted into Gentoo, I do a fdisk, it will tell me that the disk is
not initialised and then I do a "w" and after that, I reboot, (nothing
else), then VMware will just hang there and do nothing else.

I even tried installing it all the way to the end but it proved to be
pointless.

Anyone has a clue??

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel