Difficulties disabling the screensaver

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jul 30 08:32:58 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have run xscreensaver-demo and configured the system to only use the
jigsaw screensaver and have it read random images from a directory. It
works great, but I am not able to disable the screensaver, or to change it
to something else.

1) There is no "Screensaver" entry under my "Preferences" meny in KDE.
Should there be one, or is it only in Gnome?

2) I have a .xscreensaver file, but I guess editing it by hand is not
advisible. How can I set the screensaver to "Blank the screen" foe
example? "xset s off" and "xset s blank" does not work.

3) How does the screensaver relate to DPMS? I have the following in my
.xscreensaver:

dpmsEnabled:	False
dpmsStandby:	2:00:00
dpmsSuspend:	2:00:00
dpmsOff:	4:00:00

Thanks,
Catalin

--

        <<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>