DRAC question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jul 30 14:41:53 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 30.07.2004 schrieb Jake McHenry um 3:32:

> I have sendmail using DRAC for anti relaying. All of my remote sites work fine except for one, if they receive
> their mail first they can then send. But at this one office, all the computer keep getting this error:

> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail
> address was 'whatever at mydomain.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'nittany travel', Server: 'nittanytravel.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <whatever at mydomain.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly
> forged [x.x.x.x]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

That is an Outlook (Express) error popup message. If you have configured
all porperly then this customer does not POP before SMTP.

> This error message happens with any mail bound for an external server. Internal mail works fine.

Because internal mail is not relayed.

> If i put their address into the access file, then it works ok, but that is the whole point of using DRAC, right?

Why not using SMTP AUTH? POP before SMTP using DRAC is from times when
not many mail clients were able to do SMTP AUTH as was a hack. This is
meanwhile history. Only very old and poor clients don't know anything
about SMTP AUTH. Better switch from DRAC.

> Jake McHenry

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 16:38:04 up 4 days, 1:44, load average: 0.40, 0.40, 0.36