Firewall

Brad Smith usernamenumber at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:55:25 UTC 2004

The Red Hat docs are based on Red Hat 9 and RHEL, so there will be
slight differences. In this case you want to run
redhat-config-securitylevel. Note that the fc1 version of this tool
doesn't allow you to let through arbitrary port numbers, so if the
ports you need to allow aren't listed you'll just have to use the
command-line iptables interface like this:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport XX -j ACCEPT

where XX is the desired port number. You'll have to be root to do this.

--Brad