Email question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jul 31 00:18:14 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 31.07.2004 schrieb Jake McHenry um 1:46:

> Ok.. need some help here.. I added entries to virtusertable and now I seem
> to be an open relay.. mail q is up to 109 in about 10 minutes, none of my
> people. But I am getting emails to postmaster saying they can't be sent.
> What can I do to stop this?

> jake

Hard to say what happened. Just activating virtusertable does not open
up your Sendmail host as a relay for everyone, because it simply maps
mail addresses to accounts (typically internal) or other mail addresses.

Please post your sendmail.mc file, representative virtusertable part and
last but not least your access file content. Some lines from "mailq -v"
output would not be bad too.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 02:15:08 up 4 days, 11:21, load average: 0.42, 0.35, 0.28