FC2 printing problem

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Jul 31 18:05:23 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have a nice old Canon BJ-200 ink jet printer attached to the parallel port
of my computer. The unit has FC1 upgraded to FC2 and is reasonably smooth
running. But I can't print. The cable and printer are known good, I can boot
of a DOS floppy and print text that way.

I've used the printer configuration tool to add the printer, the driver is the
one recommended and I can not print. The option is there, the printer
indicated on the print menu is correct, but when I push "print" nothing
happens, the data just goes away.

I am not able to print a test page in the printer configuration dialogue, the
printer is highlighted but the "test" menu is grayed out and not available.

I am logged in as a regular user, not root.

Ideas?

Dave
--
Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings