virus/worms killing a network...

Cristiano Soares stillnick2 at terra.com.br
Sat Jul 31 18:08:57 UTC 2004

Hi All. Im desperate to get my network back working fine. Here is my situation.

I have a FC2 server that has two NICs. The first one is connect to my ADSL router, and the other one is connected to a network that receive IPs from that server through DHCPD service, and then the FC2 do the firewall/masquerade. All the 30 machines can browse nice until 2 or maybe more machines that has virus/worms get online. Ive seeing that W32.MsBlast is the cause of most of these link down problems, but now, it looks to be more than just w32.msblast. My queston is: IS THAT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL A SOFTWARE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THE FC2 SERVER TO PREVENT OR AT LEAST TO DETECT (by IP number) THE MACHINES THAT HAS THE VIRUS, SO IT DOENST KILL MY CONNECTION. Thanks in advance.

Cristiano