AMD64 - Yum/Apt sources

Rory Gleeson rory at childwelfare.ca
Tue Jun 1 11:58:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm picking up my new AMD 64 3000/K8V-Deluxe computer tonight! Woo! Hoo!  I
nice jump from my Celeron 366mhz.

Are the source files for Yum and Apt any different for the 64 version of
FC2 than the standard 32 bit version?  Any sample sources I could be
directed to so I can get things up and running quickly?

As well, any tips on the AMD 64 FC2 version would be welcomed before I
install tonight.  This is my first time venturing in to the land of 64bit.

I searched the archives for some benchmarks between the 32 and 64 FC2
versions.  Has anyone seen anything that would indicate a difference in
speed if you load both on to an AMD 64-based computer?

Thanks,
~Rory