You are trying to install on a machine which isn't supported by this release of Fedora Core

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 1 02:27:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 23:45, Jurgen Lamsens wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I encountered the same error somebody posted on the Bugzilla forum:
>

> "You are trying to install on a machine which isn't supported by this
> release of Fedora Core."
<snip>

Hi Jurgen

This is an uncommon error. As long as your CDs passed the media check, I
would say it's not a media problem. For some reason, the kernel package
isn't being included in the list of packages to install. If you haven't
tried restarting the installation, I would suggest that. Maybe Chris
found a solution to this that he will offer, but I don't think it's an
easily reproducible error unless of course you edited the comps.xml file
which is obviously not the case here.

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.