openoffice fails to display international characters

lityi at sas.elte.hu lityi at sas.elte.hu
Tue Jun 1 13:11:01 UTC 2004

I have just installed FC2 and tried to use openoffice with different keymaps
(actually I tried Hungarian and Czech in detail). None of them works properly,
 instead it yields funny characters if you press a key with ASCII code above
127. However if you copy e.g. an ö or é from another X application, the pasted
character is OK. The same happens in kde and gnome too. I have also tried on
different hardware (PCs), the result is the same.
Any openoffice apps works in the same (wrong)way. I attach an X window dump
showing some Hungarian characters. The correct ones are copied and pasted from
another window.

Janos Lichtenberger