FC2 OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jun 1 15:42:30 UTC 2004

   After one of my servers had been running RH7.3 for over a year, with
no problems, today I did a fresh installation of FC2 (fresh meaning I
formatted all the partitions prior to installation,) and this is what I
get after about five hours of uptime... [ see attached .txt file ]

   Based on the time it happened, I'd say it was while there was some
heavy NFS traffic.  (This machine is a backup server for 13 others: they
NFS mount one of its partitions, rsync, then unmount.)  The time stamp
corresponds with one of the other server (the 8th in fact) just starting
off it's dump (the dumps happen sequentially.)  And looking at the first
OOPS, I see nfsd as the running process, and the second OOPS points at
pdflush, but that's the extend of my knowledge of OOPSes.  Can anyone
else shed any light here?

   It's frustrating to say the least, that 7.3 ran so well for so long,
only to have FC2 blow up like this.  So, any ideas anyone?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.