mod_rewrite in fedora's httpd

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Tue Jun 1 17:32:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:55:52 -0700, Richard Kurth <rdkurth at starband.net>
wrote:

>>> Does mod_rewrite come compiled in httpd in the fedora distribution.
>
>> Yes.
>>
> Then how come I can not fined it. It does not show up in the
> httpd.conf file as a module and it is not listed as being compiled
> into http  when I run httpd -l. What am I missing?

AFAIK the module should be in "/usr/lib/httpd/modules". You should also
the following in your httpd.conf file:

     LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Then use .htaccess files for your rewrite rules, eg:

     Options +FollowSymLinks
     RewriteEngine On
     ReWriteRule ^main/([A-Z0-9a-z_]*) /index.php?file=$1.xml [L]

That's how I have it working on my machine anyway. Let us know if you
getting it working ;)

--
Dylan Parry