How to change default global font in FC2

Patrice Brockhaus patrice at grischa.de
Tue Jun 1 19:19:03 UTC 2004

Am Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 10:17 schrieb bast at altern.org:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to change the default global font used in the system.
> In fact I want to use KDE and I hate the "Sans" font, which is not as clear
> as "Verdana" for example.
>
> I changed anything in the control center to use Verdana instead of Sans,
> but when I launch applications as Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird, or
> Evolution, "Sans" is still used, and I guess it's the default system font
> and I'd like to change it ...

It´s the default gtk2 font and these are all gtk2-apps. Gnome - evolution is a
gnome-app - is based on Gtk2 too.

> In Gnome or XFCE, when changing the application font to Verdana, those apps
> above are displaying well Verdana instead of Sans, so I guess Gnome and
> XFCE use something else than KDE for this ...

KDE and Gnome have their own settings as they are different GUI-Projekts. To
let the Gnome-settings take effect under KDE you have to start
/usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon together with KDE.

Bye,
Patrice