FC2 & Belkin KVM Switch

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 2 00:42:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 20:12, admin at kclinux.net wrote:
> Scot, you are the man!  This fixed the problem and thank you for
> pointing this out.  I searched the archives but for some reason I didnt
> get this article to come up.
>
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> >Have seen this problem as well on the Belkin KVMs.
> >
> >I came across this item on another list.  Have not tried it myself but
> >it sounds like it fixed a few peoples problems with this.
> >

> >http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00739.html
> >
> >They say to put psmouse.proto=bare on the kernel command line or
> >proto=bare on the psmouse module command line.

It worked?  That is great news.  I had an 8 port Belkin switch that
caused nothing but grief.  I finally ended up using a 4 port Belkin but
have a separate Mouse on my main Linux box.  I had considered the
Belkins KVM's junk because of this problem.
If I had not seen this come up in another list I would not have found it
either.

So which option did you use the psmouse.proto=bare or did you use imps?

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>