My compliments to the chef(s)!

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Wed Jun 2 02:17:56 UTC 2004

On 01/06/04 Ian Pilcher said:

> I've got to say that I agree.  I wasn't very sanguine after my
> experiences with test-1 and test-2 (didn't have time to try test-3), but
> the installation of FC2 and the transition from FC1 have gone as
> smoothly as any that I can remember.  (I always install a new Red Hat/
> Fedora Core release on a separate partition and manually move system and
> application configuration settings over.)
>
> I did have to give up on using the VIA I/O APIC on my Abit VP6, but
> that's a Linux kernel issue, and it's really no great loss on a 2-way
> system.

Personally I've been holding off. My wife wants to try it for
dual-booting with XP, and given the open bug against dual-booting with
windows, I'd rather avoid the headache.

I love FC1 though.

Mike

The major advances in civilization are processes that all but wreck the
societies in which they occur.
-- Albert North Whitehead