Updateing/Installing

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 10:52:23 UTC 2004

Hi All

Did a 99.9% perfect upgrade from FC1 to FC 2 sorted most of the slight
problems out but have one or two issues I need help with.

1. Which is best for keeping FC 2 up to date;
a: up2date
b: yum
c: apt-get

up2date was configured to use FC2 when I upgraded so will I need to
upgrade/re-install yum & or apt-get to the FC2 versions?

I was using apt-get with synaptic front end but when I upgraded I used up2date
as I new this would point to FC 2 repositeries I believe you should/can only
use one update tool?

2. My Start menu is a complete mess I have double and triple entries for some
items, things are not in the right place.
Can I delete the start menu (right mouse click redhat icon - select remove
Kmenu) then do the same procedure but this time Add Kmenu?
Will this put a default, clean menu in place?

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"