sendmail in FC2

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 2 11:00:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:19, Jason Salaz wrote:
> OK, I only have a cable internet connection and I'm not on a network.
> Of course that's a contradiction in terms.  Would I use the DNS address
> that I've got in my network control applet then, that's pulled over
> DHCP?

Jason,

Your cable provider should be providing you with the address(es) of its
DNS servers when DHCP runs to get your IP address.  Verify that
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (if that's your I/F to your
cable modem) does not contain a PEERDNS entry.  Also verify with
system-config-network that DHCP is selected and that nothing is entered
in the DHCP setting section of the configuration dialog.

At least this is how my DSL/ethernet interface is configured and my DNS
entries are setup vis DHCP.

If you have a router between your cable modem and your linux box, it,
too, should be set up to pass DNS information to its clients.

Bob...