sendmail in FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 2 11:15:42 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 02.06.2004 schrieb Jason Salaz um 4:19:

> OK, I only have a cable internet connection and I'm not on a network.
> Of course that's a contradiction in terms.  Would I use the DNS address
> that I've got in my network control applet then, that's pulled over
> DHCP?
>
> I'm not running any type of server, since I didn't choose any in the
> install.

> -J.

The problem is your local name resolution and none whether you have
internet or not. While what Bob wrote is important for a proper internet
connection you problem is different. Check your /etc/hosts file that it
reflects your host's name.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 13:12:42 up 13:30, 8 users, 0.03, 0.14, 0.12