Initialise sound card at startup

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Wed Jun 2 18:55:41 UTC 2004

Hello list,

My soundcard is cmpci8738,recognised at install time and configured.It is
working,but the problem is,it seems to need a hard initialisation which
the system doesn't seem to give it at startup.Though I have all system
notification sounds turned on,I hear no sound when I launch KDE or GNOME.I
run xmms,it plays,I do not hear a sound.In the Mixer,I can see volume is
not muted and is 50%. If I run Mplayer,it starts the sound for me,and if i
run xmms afterwards,now I hear the music!

Could anybody point me to a solution?I went through all the manuals in the
system and net reagrding sound and cmpci setup?Disabled volume setting in
modules.conf to no avail.I want to be welcomed by music when I launch into
Linux.

Parameshwara Bhat.