ATI Driver for FC2

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jun 2 20:00:22 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 04:22, Shaun Carter wrote:
> The RPM is at ATI's site
>
> http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodT
>ype=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=9&submit.y=9&submit=GO%21
>
> Currently at 3.9.0, but the 3.7.6 patches seem to work just fine, even
> with the failure messages during the patch.  Must patch it enough to
> make it work.

I wonder if we are at cross-purposes?
My Sony C1VFK laptop has an ATI Rage Mobility P/M card,
which does not seem to be covered by this RPM.

My problem, to repeat myself, is that I can get 1024x380 in 8 bits,
but not in 16 (or 24).
It was working with 16 bits in FC-1.
I've had quite a lot of correspondence about this,
and no-one seems to have managed to get this card working under FC-2
as it did under FC-1.

As ever, any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366