How to use NVIDIA Official driver on Fedora

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jun 2 23:27:24 UTC 2004

At 23:53 5/25/2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
>On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:38:00 +0100
>Frederic Soulier <frederic at wallaby.uklinux.net> wrote:
> > But what about a card recommended because:
> >   a) it's top of the range
> >   b) loads of features fully supported
> >   c) 3D drivers on par or better than windows counterparts
>
>If you sell out the hope of long term gains for some immediate benefit
>you haven't really won anything and the above benefits will evaporate
>very quickly.

Sean,

While you are correct in your statement and point of view, you are not
answering the question but in fact are answering something Frederic did not
ask. He did *not* propose justification for a Windows-only card or one with
binary drivers, or in fact anything at all which you would find
objectionable. His question was, as I read it:

"If the ATI Radeon 9200 is recommended as a good cheap solution, what (if
any) is the recommended solution for a killer, top-of-the-line,
blow-your-hair-back graphics card where one desires to use all or nearly
all of the features that card also offers under Windows?"

Basically, he's not "selling out" as you put it but rather "buying in" by
seeking to buy a top-of-the-line card which *does* have a place in your
philosophical paradigm. So, is there any such card? If so, I'll immediately
put it on my short-list for purchase and recommendation to others.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com