Control Shift C - copy or unicode entry?

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Thu Jun 3 02:27:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 08:30, Nigel Tao wrote:
> Unfortunately, my application (Eclipse) is expecting Control-Shift-E
> (and Control-Shift-F) to accelerate a menu option, and is not receiving
> it.  Is there anyway to disable the Control-Shift-starts-unicode-entry
> feature, since I do not use it?  Or somehow make the app over-ride?

Dunno, but you could use a compose key instead. Select "Right Alt is
Compose" in keyboard preferences. Then press <Right-ALT>, "a" and "e" to
get æ. Don't hold the <Right-ALT> key while pressing "a" and "e".

Compose works for a fair number of characters, such as ø, ä, £, €, µ
etc, the right key combinations of which are left as an exercise to the
reader... :)

Cheers
Steffen.