Problem with driverloader and wireless LAN

Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems politby at sun.com
Thu Jun 3 07:41:20 UTC 2004

Neil Philip Hankey wrote:

>I'm currently experiencing problems getting my wireless LAN working
>under FC2. It worked fine under FC1 on the Linuxant site it say there is
>a problem with 4bit stacks v 8bit stacks in the new 2.6 kernel. Do
>anyone know how to solve this.
>
>I have looked on the site for a rpm but unfortunately I'm running a
>Athlon CPU so no package are available yet.
>
>Neil.

I found the best way was to get the kernel sources from kernel.org and
build a custom kernel with the 4K stack option turned off, and then use
the standard Linuxant source rpm to build driverloader. This also
allowed me to compile in NTFS read support and some of the ACPI options
missing in the standard FC2 kernel.

/POL