FC1 moving home directory location stalls gnome login?

w fm3 wfm3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:05:37 UTC 2004

Thanks for the pointer  Jonathan looks like alot of files under .gnome2 use
a hard coded path to files.

The problem was with .gnome2/session but it seems to impact other
applications like  gedit (.gnome2/gedit-medadata.xml) and the pannel

so before the move I am going to change make a script to change all
instances of the hard coded location for each user.

Should really  be a way for gnome to set a value based on  /etc/passwd or
whatever at session startup and use that.

Cheers