KMail intermittently fails to send

Tim Littlemore tim at littlemore-email.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 14:24:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have had a problem for quite a while with KMail where sometimes messages do
not send properly.

The error message that appears when this happens isn't particularly helpful,
it just says:

The server responded: ""

I have access to the logs of the mailserver that is being used, and I can see
that sometimes, even though the messages don't look like they have been sent,
I can see entries in the maillog of the messages going. KMail seems to think
that they haven't gone though, and they stay in the outbox.

However, sometimes I get the message, and when I check the maillog, the
message HAS NOT gone.

I cannot seem to find any pattern emerging with this behaviour. Has anyone
else ever experienced this? I haven't been able to find any other references
to this problem where the server responds with a blank error message.

Thanks,

Tim