3 Upgrade Quibbles

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 16:48:00 UTC 2004

Andy Choens doesn't seem to have had any responses to:
> 2)  When I turn my computer on, my volume is set to mute on most of the
> channels.  I've tried resetting it with amixer and alsamixer both as a
> normal user and root.  But, when I reset and check the settings on
> alsamixer, they are muted again.  On a desktop this wouldn't be a big
> deal since it would rarely be reset, but on a laptop this is a bit of a
> pain.

Have you tried running "alsactl store"? You might want to script that
for shutdown.

What sound hardware do you have?

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | grateful degradation, n.: the opposite of graceful
westexe.demon.co.uk    | degradation; the computer goes down at the least