Issues encountered since upgrading to Fedora Core 2.

Edward Croft ecroft at OPENRATINGS.com
Thu Jun 3 18:38:13 UTC 2004

Okay, so I have been running for a while on Core 2 now. I do like it,
however, I have noted a few idiosyncrasies. I have read about the Nvidia
issues, and the dual boot issues. I have tried the sfdisk routine to no
avail, changed from Auto to LBA as someone else suggested, still no go,
so no XP on my home system. (Work is strictly Core2.) I did notice
something weird with Evolution though. Even though the settings state
that .htm files are to be opened with htmlview in Gnome settings, Evo
wants to use mplayer. If I click on a link in an email rather than just
opening another instance of Mozilla, it prompts for a profile stating
that the default profile is all ready in use.
I will have to wait for the Nvidia and just use the nv driver. At some
point, I hope a solution to the dual boot will come, my son wants to
play his games. It is more the issues with Evo. It is more a nuisance,
but still seems buggy to me. I thought Evo used the Gnome settings for
attachments? Is there any other place the settings are stored?
TIA,
Ed.
--
Edward M. Croft