smb:// Not showing anything???

Adam Cooper adam.j.cooper at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 3 21:30:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 22:10, Nicholas Ruddick wrote:
> I've got samba up and running correctly but when I go to smb:// in gnome
> it does not show nay servers. It did at one point briefly but not
> anymore. I can connect to servers with smb://server_name/ and can browse
> the network with windows xp but not gnome. I have a seperate master
> browser samba server which is operating correctly.
>
> Whats wrong with gnome, i haven't seen anyone report this?
>
> Nicholas

Just this minute I am tackling the exact same problem. Wierd. I can
access the share directly in gnome by entering smb://whaterver/whatever
but if I just click on the network entry in 'computer' then it is blank.
I can't just browse to see whats there.

How does that work?

In my case it's just my fedora laptop and my XP desktop with the desktop
doing all the master browser malarky.

All in all a very odd problem.

--
Adam Cooper <adam.j.cooper at ntlworld.com>