FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!!

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 09:33:57 UTC 2004

Dan Thurman wrote:

> I found that if I BLOW AWAY the /tmp files and BLOW AWAY my
> personal account and make a clean account,  I was able to get
> the GNOME start up to come back to it's senses so now I am back
> in the game with the FC1->FC2 upgrade.  I have yet to find what
> other places/pieces are broken (if any).

Gnome (and KDE) have both moved up a major version, and in that case you'd
usually expect to start again with clean settings by moving the .gnome2 or
.kde directory. I know this wouldn't resolve other problems such as sound,
but it's a necessary procedure when updating the version of your desktop.

Jonathan