FC2: vsftpd poor multiple file transfer performance

Rainer Traut rainer.traut at epost.de
Fri Jun 4 11:22:45 UTC 2004

Hi,
there seems to be a problem here with vsftpd
in LAN with concurrent file tranfers from my FC2 (all updates applied) box.

I try to download two iso images at the same time from FC2 to a windows box.
When dling only one image at the same time, speed is ok, around 10MB/s.
But when doing two transfers parallel, I get 2MB/s.

Both PCs can handle the speed easyly, one is an athlon XP2000, one
XP1400, 1GB Ram each.

My assumption (I see harddisk light on FC2 always on):
Network/cabling is alright, because single dl is ok.
Maybe the FC2 pc seems to readahead too much so it cannot keep up with
the upload rate?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Rainer