ATI Rage Mobility (Mach 128) under FC-2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 12:03:02 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> And why 1024x728?
> 728 seems a strange number to choose.

OK: I've just spotted something. It probably won't help you, but it
might be worth bearing in mind.

The "normal" resolution is 1024 * 768. Standard VGA resolutions are
supposed to have a 4 * 3 aspect ratio, and 1024 / 4 * 3 = 768, not 728.
I don't know if this typo would prevent your video from working, but if
you've been trying to put 728 into any configuration files, you might
like to retry with 728.

Oddly, 1280 * 1024 doesn't follow the 4 * 3 aspect ratio.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "It has taken 24 years to get the Reichstag wrapped.
westexe.demon.co.uk    | Chancellor Kohl said it would only be wrapped over