samba printing format-not-supported

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:02:19 UTC 2004

>>I was able to print from a w2k machine to my FC2-test1 printer via samba.
>>I installed (new installation, not an upgrade) FC2 and now I get the
>>following error trying to print from w2k:
>>
>>Unable to print file to deskjet840c -
>>client-error-document-format-not-supported
[snip]

>From: Bob Chiodini <chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov>

>There was a discussion about this on the fedora-test-list a while back.
>Unfortunately, I can't find it, but I think the conclusion, at least for
>FC2 was to only add
>
>cups options = raw

This did the trick!  Thank!  Something must have changed since FC2-test1.?
I don't remember having to do anything like that (unless there was a raw
checkbox in some gui that I can't find now).

By the way - probably the reason that you couldn't find the discussion on
fedora-test-list is that archive searches don't seem to turn up anything
newer than late February AFAICT.  I wrote to the test list a few months ago
and pointed this out, but nobody ever did anything about it.