help installing fedora core 2

Hannes Mayer fedora at ancientcoins.biz
Fri Jun 4 17:36:40 UTC 2004

Paul Laney wrote:
> Can any one help.
>
> I have installed redhat 9 on a ite8212f raid set up.
> I needed to download drivers so that redhat 9 could see the raid
> setup.
>
> http://www.ite.com.tw/productInfo/Download.html#IT8212%20ATA133%20Cont
> roller
>
> I would now like to upgrade to Federo, but I can not seem to get
> Fedora to recognise the ite8212f raid setup. I can not find suitable
> drivers. Can anyone help.

Hi Paul!

Welcome in my world ... I too have a ITE8212 and failed to make
a driver for it. I used the source posted at ite.com.tw , managed
to compile it after a few days of trying, but when I insmod'ed
the driver, my system hanged for about 15 seconds then it came
back and the totally froze -> hard reboot!
(I also found a forum post via google describing the same scenario)

Actually the kernel recognized it without a specific driver and I
was even able to boot Fedora2 from it, but it was extremely slow

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution either. I ended up in moving
the Fedora harddisk to the motherboard IDE controller as slave
and now I have the NTFS data HD on the controller. The windoze
driver for the card works and it is speedy.

Well, since I only payed 20Euros for it I don't bother anymore.
One listmember told us that http://www.3ware.com/ cards work
pretty well, but they're a bit pricey.

Cheers,
Hannes.