Apt not finding updates

Hugh Caley Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com
Fri Jun 4 18:18:02 UTC 2004

I'm running Fedora Core 2.  up2date is showing me available updates for
cups, ethereal, strace.  However, apt-get upgrade doesn't show any
available updates.  I'm not that familiar with apt; am I doing something
wrong?

The first mirror in my list is:

rpm http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates

Which shows an available upgrade to cups; I'm running 1.1.20-6 and
1.1.20-11 is on the server.  Why am I not getting these?

I tried doing apt-get clean and apt-get update again, no change.

Hugh

Here is my mirrror-select.list file:

# DO NOT EDIT ME!  Use "apt-get mirror-select" instead.
# Fedora Core (Indiana University, Bloomington Indiana, USA)
rpm http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates
rpm-src http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os
updates

# Fedora Core (University of Southern California, USA)
rpm http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os updates
rpm-src http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os
updates

# Fedora Core (Kernel.org, San Francisco California, USA)
rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates
rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates

# Fedora Core (University of Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii, USA)
rpm http://download.fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates
rpm-src http://download.fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 os updates

# Fedora Extras (Indiana University, Bloomington Indiana, USA)
rpm http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable
rpm-src http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable

# Fedora Extras (University of Southern California, USA)
rpm http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 stable
rpm-src http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 stable

# Fedora Extras (Kernel.org, San Francisco California, USA)
rpm http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable
rpm-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable

# Fedora Extras (University of Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii, USA)
rpm http://download.fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable
rpm-src http://download.fedora.us/fedora fedora/2/i386 stable

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608
Tel: 510-428-8537 | Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com