netgear router locks up ONLY when downloading fedora?

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 4 19:22:23 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 02:14:24PM +0200, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
>
> >3) is there a RELIABLE method of downloading such large files that will
> >  ALWAYS resume an interrupted download rather than downloading the same
> >  bytes over again???

> $ man wget
>
> -c
> --continue

Netgear hardware seems to have some issues when you are moving
large piles of bits.

You did not say what physical layer connection you are making to your
netgear box.

What does  mii-tool return?

I have found that my OLD netgear box likes half duplex
with my network adapter.  I do not know if my little bug is
in the netgear box, mother board or driver.

For me my little bug is easy to work around by
turning off full duplex.

   #  mii-tool
   eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-HD, link OK

You can change it...

   #  mii-tool -A 100baseTx-HD
 or
   #  mii-tool -A 100baseTx-FD

This bug was obvious when I was doing an rsync between two
boxes behind the NAT box.

You may wish to go as far as forcing 10BaseT on the connection
as a test or connect to the net directly.

Check with netgear for a firmware update.
Same for the cable modem vendor.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l