Need help with a DNS problem

Allen Winter winterz at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 19:44:00 UTC 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 03:29 pm, Andy Green wrote:

> On Friday 04 June 2004 18:04, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> > The new FC2 system is also running dhclient and fails to get addresses for
> > only a *few* names I've encountered so far.  And dig will give me an answer
> > for those names, but nslookup will fail.  I have looked up everything I
>
> Is ipv6 listed in lsmod?

Yes

> Unless you're using ipv6, kill it by adding

I'm not

> install ipv6 /bin/true
>
> in your /etc/modprobe.conf

Done

> See if that helps.

It Does!!!!  Thank You!  Thank You!
And now that sit0 device that I had never seen before is gone too.

This needs to be in a FAQ somewhere.
Andy, is the 'install ipv6 /bin/true' method the preferred way to turn off ipv6?
That seems a bit hackish.

Thanks so much everyone for your help,
Allen