Core 2: Accidently switched on SELINUX

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 4 20:52:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:20:11PM +0200, Jan Houtsma wrote:

> By accident i installed the policy rpm on an updated machine (from core
> 1 to core 2).....
>
> My question is if there isn't done any harm to my system anyhow because
> the log shows it tried to change all kind of stuff to my system......

No harm done.

> Also after a reboot /selinux is always mounted again. On a fresh box it
> doesn't. How can i get rid of that? Before the policy rpm /selinux was
> always unmounted by default.

Check /etc/sysconfig and look for the line
  SELINUX=something (enforcing|permissive|disabled)
Change it to
  SELINUX=disabled

Check also /boot/grub/grub.conf for option flags like enforcing=[0|1] or selinux=[0|1]
and let us know what you see.

And for grins report the output of this:

 #  if [ -x /usr/bin/selinuxenabled ] && /usr/bin/selinuxenabled  ; then echo YES; fi
 #  if /usr/bin/selinuxenabled ] ; then  echo YES; fi

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l