Signing off

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Jun 4 21:14:36 UTC 2004

At 11:33 6/4/2004, Luc Bouchard wrote:
>Second: Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio of this list is getting to be
>unmanageable.  Several hundred replies to a post going on and on about open
>source/binary drivers is just not the way to go.  And that is just one
>example of this
>type of bandwitdh waste.

I have to agree with Luc here, and I note that many other people have asked
for the same thing: less arguing back and forth, especially when it has
become painfully and obviously clear to everyone that neither side is
really going to change their views here. It is a waste of bandwidth,
really, and I have concluded that I was wrong to participate in these
arguments... especially when I KNOW that I am right and that no amount of
reasoning will convince Rui And Company to see the light. <grin/wink>

Our community (as in, many many members of this list) has asked us the
debaters to keep the on-list advocacy to a reasonable level and try to keep
the signal-to-noise ratio to an acceptable level. I hereby accept that and
will join the crowd in asking those who just can't keep their itchy fingers
off that "Send" button: keep it down, or take the arguments off-list, OK?
It's clear that the rest of this list doesn't want to hear them at such
great length.

I'll bite my tongue on-list as best I can. Hopefully others will do the same.

>So long and thanks for all the fish.

May you never find yourself without a towel.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com