Lost: pretty graphic boot-up

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Sat Jun 5 00:50:35 UTC 2004

I installed FC2 on a spare partition to start playing with it, and when
it boots up, it goes into a pretty screen with a workstation icon and
circling arrows with an option to show more details. I swear I remember
seeing this with FC1, but I haven't for a long time. With FC1, at the
time when the pretty screen would come up, the screen goes blank for a
few moments, then blank with the X-Windows X cursor, then briefly blank
again before finally getting to the login screen. I figure I must have
lost this feature with a kernel upgrade, and upgrade of gdm or some
other software. Is there a way I get the pretty screen back in FC1?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson