Help: Install on AMD 64 creates display wash

K. Spearel kas11 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 04:25:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 19:12, Rory Gleeson wrote:
> Well, I've struck gold with my Screen washout issue on my AMD 63/K8Vse
> Deluxe/Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200se 128mb box.
>
> I changed only AGP Mode to 4x and that booted me in!!! Woo Hoo!!!  BUT,
> shouldn't Fedora have been able to handle the 8x with this set-up?  Is this
> something worthy of Alan Cox's/Bugzilla time?

It ought to be bugzilla'd if only as documentation of a workaround that
works.

> Final non-related question about the K8V board.  I'm trying to do an NFS net
> install on a different drive for Debian but the Marvel Lan doesn't seem to be
> activating.  In bios, Onboard LAN is enabled.  But, Onboard LAN Boot ROM is
> disabled.  Should I enable it or is Onboard LAN Boot ROM something else?
> Again, the UG (page 4-25) doesn't actually explain what it is. Basically, I
> just want to be able to do Net installs that are available with some distros.

The network chip on your K8V SE Deluxe is not the 3c940 on the K8V
Deluxe which does work with the SK98lin driver supplied with FC2...I
would bugzilla it so the appropriate person can look into it.  For the
time being, I would add a cheap PCI NIC card to your system.

KAS