Hardrive clicking / Kernel issue or daemon ?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 5 06:21:28 UTC 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 21:59, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 20:01, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 03 June 2004 21:57, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
[...]
>> On other mailing lists, from people at the drive makers.  Also,
>> I'm a C.E.T., FWTW (not a lot, it just shows I'm more hardware
>> than most).
>
>What's C.E.T??

Certified Electronics Technician.  Its a nationally based
certification program here in the states, run by an organsition
called ISCET and in some states (California comes to mind) one must
be one in order to get a business license to repair tv's and such.

In this case first registered in Nebraska as #118 back in 1972.  The
test is a fairly complete one, far surpassing technically, the old
FCC 1st Phone test, which I have been also since back in the early
60's.  Yeah, I'm an old fart, I'll be 70 in October.

That, and a buck, will get you a cuppa coffee in most smaller town
greasy spoons. :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)